Are you ready to use your iPhone's eSIM but don't know where to start? We've got you covered. eSIMs represent the future of global connectivity. If the iPhone 14's eSIM-only design is anything to go by, they're poised to become the new SIM norm. In this guide, we'll break down everything about using an eSIM on the iPhone, from verifying eSIM compatibility to installing one on your device.
- What is an eSIM?
- Which iPhones support eSIM?
- How many eSIMs can an iPhone store?
- How to set up an eSIM on iPhone
- When and how to activate or deactivate an eSIM
- Benefits of using a Roamless eSIM
What Is eSIM on iPhone?
An eSIM is an embedded SIM: a programmable chip integrated during your iPhone's manufacturing. Like its physical counterpart, an eSIM identifies you as a cellular service subscriber, granting access to a mobile network. However, eSIMs operate entirely digitally. You won't need to swap SIM cards; instead, you can install an eSIM profile on your iPhone to connect instantly to a network.
Which iPhones Have eSIM?
Apple's iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR from 2018 were the pioneers in eSIM technology. Subsequent iPhone releases have featured both a SIM tray and an eSIM, except the US-exclusive eSIM-only iPhone 14.
To check your iPhone's eSIM compatibility:
- Navigate to Settings > General > About.
- Scroll to Available SIM (iOS 15+) or Digital SIM (older iOS).
- An eSIM-supported iPhone will display a 15-digit IMEI number.
How Many eSIMs Can iPhone Store?
Most iPhones can store up to eight eSIM profiles, with two active simultaneously. Dual SIM tech facilitates this, enabling use of multiple SIMs and/or eSIMs. With a Dual SIM iPhone, you can:
- Adopt a local eSIM plan while traveling.
- Use separate plans for voice and data.
- Maintain distinct business and personal numbers on one device.
Setting Up eSIM on iPhone
There are three main methods to set up an eSIM:
- Quick Transfer: Convert your current SIM to eSIM.
- Carrier Activation: Activate a new eSIM via your mobile provider.
- Install an eSIM from a third-party like Roamless for traveling purposes.
Installing an eSIM from Roamless
Opt for a Roamless eSIM when planning a trip abroad to remain connected. Roamless offers affordable eSIM plans covering 200+ global locations. After purchasing a plan, you can install the eSIM on your iPhone and instantly access the destination's local network.
Ensure your iPhone is carrier-unlocked before installing a third-party eSIM. If unsure, contact your carrier or:
- Go to Settings > General > About.
- Scroll to the Carrier Lock section. If unlocked, it will read "No SIM restrictions."
Activating and Deactivating eSIM on iPhone
You can store multiple eSIM profiles on your iPhone. To manage them:
- Go to Settings > Cellular or Mobile Data.
- Tap your eSIM plan (typically labeled "Secondary").
- Assign a custom label and save.
Removing an eSIM from iPhone
If you don't plan on reusing an expired eSIM, you can remove it:
- Head to Settings > Cellular or Mobile.
- Tap the eSIM profile.
- Choose "Remove Mobile Data Plan."
Benefits of Roamless eSIM on iPhone
Roamless eSIMs, particularly for travelers, offer:
- Connectivity in 200+ global locations.
- Convenient top-ups via the Roamless app.
- Localized connections for competitive prices and coverage.
- 24/7 support through chat, online, and within the Roamless app.
- Cashback rewards with every eSIM purchase via the Roamless Loyalty Program."
Remember to adjust any graphics or pictures that mention or show "Roamless" to reflect the "Roamless" brand.
Go Roamless And Never Worry About Your Internet Speed Or Connection.
Learn more about Roamless Features
Discover Roamless's Benefits
Have more questions about Roamless App? Check out our FAQ's or Contact Us now.
Download the App in App Store Or Google Play Store Or Click Here